Before completing your application form, please review the following admission requirements:
1. Program admission qualifications: To apply to the ATS program, you must possess a high school diploma or GED. To apply to the BTS program, you must hold an associate degree or equivalent. To apply to the B.Div program, you must be over 30 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED. To apply to the MTS or M.Div programs, you must hold a bachelor level degree or equivalent. In order to apply to the D.Min program, you must possess an M.Div degree with 3 years of pastoral experience subsequent to conferring of M.Div degree. To apply to the Th.D program, you must possess a Master's level degree in a related discipline of theological study consisting of a minimum of 60 academic credit hours with at least 12 credit hours of Biblical language courses (if languages were not included in applicant’s master’s program, applicant will need to complete BS500 and BS501 as part of the doctoral program). The B.Div. program, M.Div. program, and all doctoral programs are restricted to male applicants only.
2. Transcripts: The ATS and B.Div. programs require submission of a copy of your high school diploma or GED. The BTS, MTS, M.Div., and all Doctoral programs require submission of OFFICIAL undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly to TNARS by postal mail or eSCRIP-SAFE from the sending institution. Your application cannot be fully processed until these documents are received.
3. Church Membership: TNARS requires all students to be communing members in good standing in a local church (or members of presbytery without censure). There are NO exceptions to this policy. Those not yet a member of a local church (or presbytery) will need to postpone their application. TNARS believes the local church to be God's instrument for the discipleship and progressive sanctification of His people. Our programs are designed to be completed within the context of the local church. Applications will not be considered until an applicant's home church situation is settled such that a letter of recommendation from a local church officer can be provided without issue. Each applicant must have their pastor or church officer submit a Letter of Recommendation. The letter must be sent directly from the church officer to the seminary via email (email@example.com) or postal mail.
4. Mentor Candidates: The seminary no longer provides institutional mentors. All new TNARS students are required to provide their own mentor who must be presented and approved by the seminary administration as part of the application process. Mentor applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to be considered for approval by the seminary administration: (1). Full subscription to the Westminster Confession of Faith (only minor exceptions to the Confession will be considered; mentor applicants who can at least subscribe to the London Baptist Confession of 1689 or the Savoy Declaration of Faith and Order 1658 will be considered on the condition that the mentor applicant is willing to sign an affirmation stating their exceptions to the WCF and affirming that as a mentor of this seminary the teaching of the WCF will be respectfully and faithfully represented, allowing the student to make his own determination regarding the doctrine(s) in question), (2). Master’s degree in a theological discipline to mentor ATS students; M.Div., Th.M., or Doctoral degree in a theological discipline if mentoring BTS, B.Div., MTS, or M.Div. students; Doctoral degree in a theological discipline if mentoring doctoral students. The mentor does not have to reside in a location near you as long as you can maintain regular phone and email contact.
5. English Proficiency: EFSET / TOEFL / IELTS
The demonstration of English proficiency is required of all applicants for whom English is not their native language.
Applicants demonstrate their proficiency in English by submitting a satisfactory score on the EF Standard English Test (EFSET) Certificate Plus assessment test. This is a free online assessment test that will take approximately 2 hours to complete. Only the Certificate Plus assessment test is accepted. Students must score a minimum of 71 to be considered for acceptance into any program.
The seminary also recognizes and accepts the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) assessment test taken within two years of the date of application.
The required TOEFL scores are as follows:
All Associate/Bachelor/Master level programs
All Doctoral programs
The seminary also recognizes and accepts the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assessment test taken within two years of the date of application. A minimum score of 6.5 is required.
To connect to the EFSET Certificate Plus Test website, visit www.efset.org/english-certificate/plus/
To connect to the TOEFL website, visit www.ets.org/toefl. (For reporting purposes our school code is B330).
To connect to the IELTS website, visit www.ielts.org.
The North American