Our Sovereign God has truly blessed the work of TNARS over the past seven years. We currently have over two hundred students in over twenty different countries taking classes from TNARS through over seventy mentors. Those who have graduated from TNARS and are now actively involved in ministries worldwide.
As TNARS has grown, the administrative team has attempted to keep up with that growth. Our need for mentors, both local and institutional, has increased. As we have become affiliate member of ARTS (Association of Reformed Theological Schools), we are finding that our curriculum offerings needs to be re-evaluated and updated. So, in an effort to maintain the highest quality of seminary education, beginning August 1st, 2015, we will be closing admissions until November 2, 2015. All other activities of the seminary remain open. Current students should keep working as you have planned. Mentors keep mentoring! . . .
All applications received before August 1, 2015 will still be processed.
The Administrative Team thanks you for your support and your patience as we strive to bring you the highest quality on-line seminary level education.
All students applying to the ATS or BTS undergraduate programs MUST have a local mentor approved by Seminary Administration. See those specific degree pages for more information regarding how to qualify as a local mentor. TNARS accepts all credits earned from MINTS (Miami International Seminary, Inc.)
Anyone who is considering application to one of the Doctoral level programs we offer (D.Min. – Reformed Theology, D.Min. – Apologetics, D.Min. – Counseling or D.D. – Doctor of Divinity in Puritan Studies) must currently hold a Masters level degree in a related field of theological study.
To help us maintain quality education TNARS maintains a low student-to-mentor ratio. If you don’t hear back from us after submitting all of the required documents (including the application which is linked to at the bottom of this page) it may be because we are waiting for a position to open up for a student. Feel free to contact us and inquire about your status.
As we are a school that seeks to train up God’s children to minister to the Church, we only accept students who adhere to the basics of the Christian faith as found in the the following statement:
Basic Christian Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and that we can do nothing to save ourselves, but must rely on God’s mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith in Christ alone. Good works are the evidence of salvation rather than the means of it.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that those who are Christ’s enter into Heaven and its eternal joys upon death.
- We believe that those who are not Christ’s enter into Hell and its eternal punishments upon death.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two sacraments that the Church is required to administer.
- We believe that Elder and Deacon are the two offices that have continued in the Church, while other offices such as Apostle and Prophet have ceased.
Besides the basic doctrines found in the above statement, institutionally we adhere to the TNARS: Statement of Faith.
Acceptance into TNARS is completely up to the Oversight Department. This allows us to make better use of the resources that the Lord is pleased to give us.
TNARS is a completely free (all books are available for free online, but some can be purchased separately in print form), but rigorous academic program. Please consider the cost of the work involved with such academic rigor before requesting to be accepted into a program (Lk 14:28). This is not a path to take lightly simply because it is free, as much will be required of you.
TNARS operates at close to full capacity. As we have openings we enroll students on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If you don’t mind being put on our waiting list, please feel free to apply by clicking the link below to download an application:
IMPORTANT: Before filling out any information in the application make sure that you have downloaded the application to your computer first. Once downloaded to your computer, open the application form, complete it and save it once again to your computer before you send it to the registrar. If you don’t follow this procedure, you may lose all the information you have entered into the application.
The alternative to using our mentors is to find a local church officer who is willing and qualified to act as your “local mentor.” You can read more about this possibility here.